Google+ Nortec Collective Presents: Bostich + Fussible Fan Art! | Isma's Meditation Chamber - Doodles by IAMO

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Nortec Collective Presents: Bostich + Fussible Fan Art!


I'm very happy with how this piece turned out.  I really took my time with this one, learning new techniques, so I could give it that vintage Hermanos Almada b-movie silkscreen poster feel.  Like many other people, coming from Tijuana, I'm very proud of these guys and their work.  If somebody asked me why I made this drawing, I would say, because a) I fucking miss my hometown, and b) Nortec's music reminds me of Tijuana all the time.  So, this one goes out to Tijuana and Bostich + Fussible, who just finished an intense tour in Northeast Mexico. Cheers!

Me gustó mucho como quedó esta pieza.  La verdad sí me tomé mi tiempo, aprendiendo nuevas técnicas, para poder darle ese aspecto de cartel de serigrafía de una película de serie B de los Hermanos Almada.  Como muchas otras personas de Tijuana, yo estoy muy orgulloso de estos vatos y de su trabajo.  Si alguien me preguntara por qué hice este dibujo, yo diría, porque a) extraño a mi ciudad natal, chingado, y b) la música de Nortec siempre me recuerda a Tijuana.  Así que este dibujo está dedicado a Tijuana y a Bostich + Fussible, que acaban de terminar una gira intensiva en el noreste de México. ¡Salud!


Follow Nortec Collective Presents: Bostich + Fussible on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment