Google+ 50 Years of Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man, & Iron Man | Isma's Meditation Chamber - Doodles by IAMO

Thursday, April 19, 2012

50 Years of Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man, & Iron Man

Spider-Man Hulk Thor Ant-Man Iron Man 50th Anniversary fan art

Wow! 50 Years! Five of my all-time favorite MARVEL super heroes are turning 50 this year!

They were all very fun to draw.  I was thinking "Saturday Morning Cartoons."

I was told that the traditional sound of Iron Man's repulsors is "Shrak!!!"  I didn't know that, so, I used a traditional laser sound.

Well, you always learn something new.  And new skills, too.  Like I did while making this doodle.  This is one of my first attempts at drawing vector line art in Adobe Illustrator (although, as always, I traced the lines over my pencil sketch).  I used a combination of brushes and pen tool fills.  I was very happy with the result.  Then, I experimented with some coloring and shading techniques that I had never tried before in Adobe Photoshop.  Coloring Iron Man was particularly a challenge.

Let me know what you think of this doodle and help yourself to a free hi-res download at my deviantART page!

Cheers to the Birthday Boys!

deviantART || Facebook || Twitter || Google+ || Tumblr || Linkedin || Behance

No comments:

Post a Comment